Colin P. Cronin primarily defends manufacturers in product liability litigation and consumer warranty litigation. He has successfully litigated several cases to a favorable verdict and resolved a great many more for his clients. His practice also includes work on employment litigation, premises liability, personal injury, and the defense of complex toxic tort environmental exposure claims. He has extensive experience working up cases for trial and is prepared to provide a zealous defense through all stages of litigation, including appellate work. He also spent several months working in the in-house legal department of a global automobile manufacturer analyzing and evaluating warranty claims and managing the customer-facing consumer affairs team.
A law clerk, paralegal, and attorney at Bowman and Brooke for twelve years before joining Evans Fears & Schuttert LLP, Colin has drafted a large variety of legal memoranda, pleadings, motions, briefs, and reports on product liability, consumer warranty, personal injury, and environmental claims. He has deep experience managing the discovery process through both federal and state courts in California. Coin also has broad experience preparing, defending, and/or examining witnesses at deposition and trial. He has also co-authored appellant and respondent briefs in the California Courts of Appeal.
Trial & Litigation Experience
- Second chaired fraud and breach of warranty claim settled during trial pursuant to terms of defendant’s long-expired Code of Civil Procedure section 998 Offer to Compromise.
- Second chaired fraud and breach of warranty claim against automobile manufacturer in Riverside Superior Court tried to defense verdict.
- Second chaired Song-Beverly Act lawsuit against electric vehicle manufacturer in Los Angeles Superior Court wherein plaintiff failed to achieve his litigation objective or beat defendant’s Code of Civil Procedure section 998 Offer to Compromise.
- Second chaired and authored successful motion for nonsuit in Song-Beverly Act lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Assisted in winning a defense verdict in Song-Beverly Act lawsuit in Orange County Superior Court.
- Assisted in winning a defense verdict for major broadcasting corporation and manufacturer of musical instruments in complex groundwater contamination lawsuit in Orange County Superior Court.
- Assisted in winning a defense verdict for automobile manufacturer in Song-Beverly Act lawsuit in Shasta Superior Court.
- Assisted in winning a defense verdict for automobile manufacturer in an asbestos mass tort lawsuit in Santa Barbara Superior Court.
- Assisted in winning unanimous defense verdict for automobile manufacturer in a catastrophic accident lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court.
CONTACT COLIN P. CRONIN
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Products Liability Litigation
Consumer Warranty Litigation
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D., 2018
- Scott Moot Court National Team, 2017 – 2018
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A. Political Science, 2009
- UCLA Water Ski Team, Captain 2006 – 2008
- Boy Scouts of America Eagle Scout with Silver, Gold, and Bronze Palms
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- “Civil Court Crisis: Cuts in Services Due to Budget Shortfall Impact Public.” Author, Verdict, Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, 2(1) 8-12, 2012.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bowman and Brooke LLP
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Stuart M. Rice of the Los Angeles Superior Court
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- South Bay Bar Association
- Supreme Court of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California