David W. Gutke’s practice is focused on product liability defense, emphasizing pharmaceutical and medical device products. David also handles litigation involving real property, business disputes, personal injury, and employment matters. David has assisted with numerous high-stakes and complex litigation trials.
Trial & Litigation Experience
- Products Liability Litigation – defense of various products, including pharmaceutical, medical device, tire, automobile, and construction equipment manufacturers.
- Tort Litigation – defense of premises liability and automobile collisions.
- Commercial Litigation – handle actions involving breach of contract, business torts, and real property disputes.
- Employment Litigation – defense of wrongful termination, non-compete agreements, retaliatory discharge, sexual harassment, and age, race, gender, and disability discrimination.
- Administrative Law – represent clients before administrative bodies, including the Nevada Equal Rights Commission, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Nevada Labor Commissioner, U.S. Department of Labor, Nevada Employment Security Division, and Nevada Ethics Commission.
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Personal Injury – Products: Defense (2015-2018)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation (2013-2014)
- Legal Elite – Top Southern Nevada Attorneys, Nevada Business Magazine (2014)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, Business Litigation (2012)
Other Professional Experience
Snell & Wilmer LLP, Las Vegas, Nevada – Associate, Product Liability Litigation
Gordon & Rees LLP, Las Vegas, Nevada
Hutchison & Steffen LLC, Las Vegas, Nevada
CONTACT DAVID W. GUTKE
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Products Liability Litigation
- University of Utah (J.D., 2005)
- William H. Leary Scholar
- President, Student Intellectual Property Law Association
- Utah State University (B.S., Physics, 2001)
- College of Science Scholarship
- Supreme Court of Nevada
- United States District Court, District of Nevada