Elizabeth V. McNulty defends manufacturers in diverse industries such as automobiles, motorcycles and off-road vehicles, sports equipment, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, recreational and towing products, construction and industrial equipment, and other consumer products in complex catastrophic injury and fatality litigation. She defends class action and mass tort claims, relating to a variety of consumer products, in both federal and state courts. In addition, she oversees national and regional counsel defense programs put in place to manage repetitive litigation involving design, manufacture, and warnings defect claims.
In her regulatory and environmental practice, Elizabeth defends clients against Proposition 65, asbestos, toxic tort and other environmental exposure claims. She regularly works on behalf of her clients with state and federal environmental agencies, including the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Consumer Product Safety Commission, the California EPA, Department of Toxic Substance Control, OEHHA and the Southern California Air Quality Management Board. She provides compliance advice and program management guidance for the ever-changing state, national and international chemical and toxin regulations including the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008, the Lacey Act, California’s Proposition 65, California’s Green Chemistry Initiative, the Toxic Substances Control Act and other related federal and state regulatory issues.
Elizabeth also has substantial experience in defending employment litigation matters including those focusing on harassment, discrimination and wrongful termination as well as commercial litigation involving breach of contract, business-related torts, breach of warranty, covenants not to compete, and confidentiality issues.
Professional Recognition & Awards
- Southern California Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2004-2012)
- Southern California Super Lawyers® (2016-2017)
- Martindale Hubbell, AV Rated (2017-2019)
- California’s Proposition 65: The Target is Moving — Will it Land on You?
- Regulation and Litigation Surrounding ECigarettes
- Proposed Changes to Proposition 65 Provide Limited Benefit to Business
- Supreme Court Arbitration Decisions: A Reminder to Draft Contracts and Arbitration Provisions with Care, Co-author,The Voice, Defense Research Institute, September, 2013
- The Act of Unintended Consequences: The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008, Co-author, OC Lawyer Magazine, September, 2009
CONTACT ELIZABETH V. MCNULTY
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Product Liability Litigation
- University at San Diego School of Law (J.D., 1997)
- University of California (B.A., 1994)
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Production Liability Advisory Counsel
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California