Justin S. Hepworth’s practice consists primarily of civil litigation with an emphasis in product liability defense for pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers. He also litigates cases involving insurance coverage and bad faith. He has successfully litigated cases in state, federal and appellate courts.
Trial & Litigation Experience
- Pharmaceutical/Medical Devices – defense of domestic and foreign manufacturers of pharmaceutical products and medical devices in mass tort and catastrophic injury actions.
- Consumer/Industrial Products – defense of various commercial products and advise on product recall matters involving the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Insurance – defense of insurance companies in coverage and bad faith cases.
- Commercial Litigation – handle actions involving breach of contract, business torts, and real property disputes.
- Appellate Litigation – represent clients before appellate courts, including the Supreme Court of Nevada, the Nevada Court of Appeals, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Fellow, Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship Program (2017-2018)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Insurance Coverage (2018)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars, Insurance Coverage (2013-2015), Real Estate (2010-2012)
- Legal Elite – Top Southern Nevada Attorneys, Nevada Business Magazine (2009-2015)
- Honor Roll, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada (2012)
Presentations & Publications
“Changes to Prelitigation Disclosure Requirements for Automobile Accidents,” Author, Nevada Lawyer Magazine (December 2015)
Other Professional Experience
Foran Glennon Palandech Ponzi & Rudloff PC
Snell & Wilmer LLP
Woods Erickson Whitaker & Maurice LLP
Eighth Judicial District Court, Law Clerk to Honorable Sally Loehrer
CONTACT JUSTIN S. HEPWORTH
Office Direct: 702.901.7025
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Products Liability Litigation
Bad Faith Insurance Litigation
- University of Oregon School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- University of Utah (B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude, 2001)
- Supreme Court of Nevada
- United States District Court, District of Nevada
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit